Hospitality Industries refers to a wide range of services and businesses linked with customer satisfaction and comfort. Its main purpose is to focus on ideas of comfort, luxury, enjoyment, entertainment, and pleasure. They try to offer the best services to satisfying and fulfilling their customer’s needs. This industry helps us to give a high-class lifestyle.
It is quite different from the travel industry. The travel industry offers services when the customer has to travel away from his native place for a short duration of time. Whereas, Hospitality Industry offers services to tourists as well as no tourists. It involves local people who want a comfortable lifestyle or enjoyment in local areas. So the travel industry is part of the hospitality industry.
There are 4 segments of the hospitality industry.
This sector concerns with night stay of customers. Whenever we go out of our native place we always search for a night stay. So this industry helps you provide night stays for a particular duration of time. These facilities are being provided by :
- Hotels: Hotels are the building block of the Hospitality industry. Hotels try to provide the best stay to their customer so that they could feel so special. They involve services like room service, eating or drinking, housekeeping.
- Bed & Breakfast: B&B offers a night stay with breakfast in the morning. They are small hotels on a sharing basis.
- Resorts: It is very much similar to the Hotel but they offer a wide range of facilities over Hotels. They provide sleeping, drinking, eating, gymming, shopping, swimming, and many more facilities.
- Serviced Apartments: Service apartments offers better facilities than a hotel at very reasonable prices. in this, you have access to the full area and it is the best option for a longer stay. Even for medical tourists, this industry tries to provide a second home in an unknown place.
2. Food & Drinks
Food and drinking are necessary to live. Even then this falls under the Hospitality industry. They try to serve in a very good manner to feel you so special. They try to provide the best food which you love and enjoy to eat.
- Restaurants: They offer the best and a large variety of food to their customers. They also offer to take away facilities. Even nowadays food delivery services have boosted up this industry.
- Bras & Cafe’s: They try to offer some private space and allows people to go out and meet new people. They generally focused on tea, coffee, light snacks. They are the best place to hook up and enjoy with your friends.
- Nightclubs: Nightclubs helps to provide night time entertainment to people. They are open till late nights so you can have fun all night. They serve alcoholic drinks. Some nightclubs are theme-based which attracts more customers.
3. Travel and Tourism
It is very tightly linked up with the hospitality industry. As we mostly prefer hospitality services when we go out for tours. They mainly deal with providing an exploration of the world’s best places at very reasonable prices.
- Travel agent: Travel agent helps you in making all possible arrangements from your accommodation to visiting places. They help as a bridge between the customer and the Hospitality industry.
- Cruises: Cruises are also becoming the center of attraction for tourists. As it is everyone’s dream to have fun in such a lonely place. They offered all facilities like a resort. They also help you to provide luxury transportation.
- Casinos: They are designed just for entertainment. Gambling depends on your luck. You can earn or lose money within second and have fun a lot at this place.
The main motive of this industry is to provide relaxation and enjoyment to the customers. They help you in lowering the stress level and provide an entertaining world. They include museums, zoos, movies, and theatre.
This industry tries to offer the best services to make our life and visit comfortable and memorable.